Sunday, December 27, 2009

Adventures in Texas, Part 2!

Monday morning rolls around and I wake up to the smell of good food. No, actually I woke up to Josh knocking on my door and telling me there was good food. He and his dad had gotten up and gone someplace to get colachees (I don't know how to spell it, so sound it out), breakfast tacos and donut holes. The first thing i tried was a colachee. It looks like a mini hot-dog bun. I bit into it and there was a sausage and melted cheese on the inside... very yummy!! My breakfast taco was basically a burrito with egg, cheese and sausage in it, with salsa to dip. Also delicious. Josh didn't get a breakfast taco or anything special, so he felt a need to hog the colachees (he had 4). So there was a lot of teasing... After we all got ready, we packed in the truck and drove around Austin, going to a lake and enjoying nature (and the warm weather!! VERY nice change from Rexburg weather). Then we went to a park really close to downtown. Austin is bigger than i expected. The only real state capital I've ever been to is Boise (oh and Olympia, WA) and both are pretty small, from what I remember, so I wasn't expecting skyscrapers. We drove around a bit downtown, through the University campus and then back to the house. The boys went disc golfing and I stayed home with Taylor and Sister Cameron (My back was hurting). After some TV watching and such, I had a very nice conversation with Sister Cameron. I think she's going to be a really great mother-in-law... and I mean that!! We're a lot alike.
When the boys came back, we lounged for a few minutes and then went to Texas Roadhouse (Best restaurant ever!! especially since we were REALLY in Texas!!). Afterwards, Josh's parents dropped all of us kids off at a place called Main Event. For those of you from Wisconsin, this place is like a Funset Boulevard. It has bowling, pool, arcade games and laser tag. So we did some games and a little laser tag. I came in 7th on my team, so out of 13 or 14 people, that's not bad. Josh and Zack were dominating, though. I played a few shooting games at the arcade, got 1st place on Guitar Hero, and played Taylor on air hockey (I won 7-0... sorry Taylor!!). It was a really fun evening.
The next morning, Josh and I went shopping... ring shopping!!! And we found my ring. (I'm writing this on 12-27. Yesterday he called me and said he bought it!!!) Here's a picture...

Then we went to Whataburger (good food!!) and went to Walmart so I could get part of Josh's Christmas present. He wanted a fleece blanket that's double thick and tied like the one I have. They didn't have any fabric, but on our way out, we saw $4 fleece throws and got 2 of them (dark blue and brown) For the rest of the time before they had to take me to the airport, we cut up the fleece and were just starting to tie it when we had to get to the airport.
Leaving Texas was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I'm glad to be back with my family for a short time.
My flight from Austin to Phoenix took its sweet time getting to the gate, boarding and sitting on the runway. By the time we got into Phoenix, it was time for my next flight to board. So again, I made the mad dash all the way across the airport to my flight, which was just starting to board. We made good time getting to Boise, landing a little early. However, since the 1st flight had been so late, my luggage didn't make it in with me. Luckily it was delivered to me the next day, everything was still inside and working!! (aka my laptop!! I learned my lesson there!)
All in all, this was a great trip and I'm so glad I went!! Now I just can't wait to get back to Rexburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment