Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Time crunch

So why is it I seem to get more done when I have less time?
Take finals for example. I have 3 on Thursday (genetics, physics and family history) and one on Friday (physics lab). I don't have to do exams during a scheduled time for Marriage and Engineering math 2. However, this means that I have to do the finals NOW! Marriage is due on Monday and math is due Wednesday.
So it's wednesday before finals week. On top of regular homework assignments (which are numerous), I have (check planner) a group project on something magnetic for Physics, a presentation for marriage today, a test in physics (that's a post test to see how much we've learned from the pre test at the beginning of the year), and an extra homework assignment for Bio. On top of this is 2 hours of work tonight, 2 hours tomorrow, 1 tutoring appointment today, and then whoever else decides to sign up last minute this week.
Somehow I've finished all my homework AND 3 problems on the math final. I'm now at work in the open physics tutoring lab and I'm doing this and my physics homework at the same time as watching for people who need help. I usually go to bed at 10 on wednesday nights and wake up at 7 thursday mornings and finish it. Today, i'm going to get as far as possible so tomorrow I can go to the library to use Maple (a computer algebra system)on solving more of the final. Either that or work on my essays for the marriage final.
So to sum up the rambling, when I have lots of free time, homework doesn't get done. But when it's finals/mid term week, I get sooooo much more done. Why is that? Does anybody know?
And speaking of time crunch, I've got homework that needs to get done so I can make room for my extra load. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment