Friday, January 22, 2010

School so far...

This semester will be interesting...
Not only is there school and work to worry about like normal, but also wedding and marriage planning! Although thanks to my mom, the whole wedding planning is mostly being taken care of. (Thanks mom! I love you!!)
School alone would be interesting enough. I'm taking modern physics (which is stuff like relativity, quantum and nuclear physics and cosmology), 2 family classes (Family Relations and Parenting), World Religion (which I'm taking with Josh!), and a welding class. Yes, welding. As in hot torches and melting metal. It's actually fun the more I do it and get better. And I'm less scared of sparks! I already put my leather gloves to the test by accidentally grabbing a piece of metal that had been cherry red a few seconds before. Anyway, that's a wide range of subjects.
In terms of work, Because I have less credits to work on (and they're easier) I've upped my number of hours. And I've taken on a new class to teach. I found out one day while I was working in the tutoring lab that because I tutor for 121, I can also tutor for 105. So I got added as a tutor for that class and my business has doubled! Most of my students are 105ers. (See? the Lord really does provide for the faithful!!)
Bit of news: We've set a wedding date! We'll be getting married June 24 in the Seattle temple. Why June 24? It is a weekday... A few reasons.. The first one is that June 24 is the day I got sealed to my parents in Seattle. We both thought it would be cool to share that date. The other one is that June is a busy month at the temple (Thanks to Grandma Heller for the info!). On Saturdays especially! So doing it on a weekday would probably mean that we wouldn't be as rushed in the ceremony.
On another note, I've already ordered my dress, bought my shoes and gotten Megan's dress. I love both the dresses!! Meg's is really pretty, it's navy blue in kind of a mermaid style (with out being tight around the torso area) with flower decorations. And I love how it looks on her because her eyes really pop in that color! My dress is an A-line with a ribbon at empire waist that's kind of an inverted v. It has a square neckline and lots of beading. But I like the beading because it's subtle. It's all over the bodice and then starts to trail off as it gets closer to the hem. I LOVE IT!!! Wish i had a picture to post, but unfortunately it's got me in the picture wearing it and we wouldn't want to let Josh see that, would we?
So with all this, it's kind of funny to watch people's reactions when they see I'm not wearing a ring (ok, disclaimer. I am not being impatient for it because I know that Josh has a plan and I'm going to get it eventually. I'm not complaining about "how slow" he's going). In fact, I have one friend, Berthier (it's pronounced bear-tee-ay, he's Haitian), who whenever he sees me, will check my left hand. It's funny, because other people are hounding Josh about proposing A LOT more than I am. I'll tease him occasionally, but I'm not worried at all
It's time for class, so I'll go. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment