Sunday, April 10, 2011

PBBW/CCF......XYZ

I'm making homemade brownies tonight because I felt like it. I was in a cooking mood today after I made dinner for us and our friends who just had a baby (Congrats Stefan and Tycy!). Seems like everyone is having babies! Makes me want to jump on the bandwagon! (Can you tell how baby hungry I am?)
Anyway, my nonsense title means Peanut Butter Brownies with Cream Cheese frosting... and you will need to x-amine your zipper after eating these!! They smell so good right now!
I had leftover cream cheese frosting from making cinnamon rolls last week, so i wanted to use it in the brownies, but Josh didn't want cream cheese in all his brownies (picky, PICKY!), so I switched to peanut butter. I'm rediscovering how good peanut butter is, especially with chocolate. After ODing on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in grade school, I took a few years' break from peanut butter. Then last Christmas, my then-soon-to-be Mom-in-law introduced me to Peanut Butter Balls, and my interest was again piqued. I've even started taking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school for lunch again!
Anyway, the cream cheese frosting is delicious, so here's the recipe, courtesy of Janni at allrecipes.com:
Ingredients

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
Nutritional Information

24 Servings. Amount Per Serving Calories: 140 | Total Fat: 10.4g | Cholesterol: 31mg

You gotta know it's good already with that many calories... time I started walking to school just to burn off all the yummy stuff I'm eating again! (my diet was a no-go)
I made a conglomerate of 2 different recipes I found online to make these... The brownies themselves were from Jolinda Hackett at About.com and the peanut butter filling was from busymom#4 at Food.com. Here are the ingredients:
Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups margarine
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa

Peanut Butter filling
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 eggs

(Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/peanut-butter-brownies-293020#ixzz1JBP3aZHZ)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter and add cocoa; mix. Stir in sugar and blend in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts; mix well.
in small bowl, combine peanut butter and margarine; beat until smooth. add sugar and flour;mix well. add 2 eggs, blend well.
Dump the brownie batter into a 9x13 pan. Spoon the peanut butter filling over the top and spread. Marble, if desired. Cook for 30 minutes and let cool for 20-30 minutes...(The cooling part is going to kill me... THEY SMELL SO GOOOOOOOD!!!)
Here's a picture hot out of the oven!

Once they cool, put cream cheese on your slice, if you want. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment