Thursday, October 7, 2010

What to do with that leftover roast....?

I was perusing other people's blogs and Food.com and finding yummy sounding recipes today and wanting to cook something gourmet really bad. I had to leave for a meeting, but told Josh to look over some of the recipes I had up on my computer while I was gone to see what he thought looked good. When I came home, I had the idea to grill up what was left of the roast we cooked Sunday. He told me that the Chicken Parmesan looked good off the internet. So.... I combined them! Here for your culinary perusal is Leftover Roast Parmesan!!
So you start with your leftovers. Put them on a griddle or in a frying pan with a little bit of bottled minced garlic like this

Let that grill for a while and season it with a little oregano (Eets Italian, you gotta to hava de oregano!). Then grab a bottle of spaghetti/marinara sauce and dump it on! Lower the temperature of the griddle or the sauce will burn.

If it's like the kind I get, it doesn't have much flavor, so I always spike it a little. To taste, add oregano, onion powder and garlic powder or salt (again, amice, eets Italian, you musta hava da garlico!). Stir that around for a bit while the noodles are cooking and about a minute before the noodles are done, add some mozzarella cheese to the top. Let it melt.

When everything's done, put the noodles on a plate and scoop the roast/sauce mixture over the top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.

I served it with a salad and my favorite dressing. It's homemade and AWESOME!! Due to the fact that we have NO CLEAN DISHES in the house except a plate and a bowl, we had to share. It was kind of like Lady and the Tramp, I almost swore I could hear "Bella Notte" in the background. Anyway, here's the recipe
Greek Dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup vinegar (any kind, red wine makes it a little sweeter than regular white)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Mix ingredients in a jar and shake. Do not refrigerate or the oil will congeal.
The result? Total yumminess!

No comments:

Post a Comment