Friday, July 29, 2011

Women who've made a difference in my life: Grandma Hyatt

My Grandma Hyatt has been my best friend since I was born. She's AMAZING!! She raised 5 boys (one was Dad), and is a Marriage and Family counselor. She remembers each and every special event with a card. AND... she's an EXCELLENT baker! Her desserts are to DIE for! Pudding cake, cookies, cakes, and, her specialty...CHOCOLATE BARS!!!

I made these for a meeting at church. They were gone so fast, I couldn't get any pictures. But here's the recipe, and make sure you make these for a lot of people, because these WILL make you gain 10 pounds per pan.

Grandma Hyatt's Chocolate bars
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
3 cups oatmeal
Mix together and press more than half into 9X13 pan.

1 can Sweetened condensed milk
12-16 oz chocolate chips (2 1/2 cups)
2 tbsp margarine
Melt together and pour over first layer.
Put rest of batter in globs on top. Bake at 350 for 25 min.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment